Seriously, how much does a family need to be challenged?
On a day-to-day level, you think:
That the events that surround your own life were made to stop everyone else in their tracks.
That the world revolves around you.
That drama just follows you.
That you can be selfish.
It's all about me, myself and I.
Then you become face-to-face with a friend who had to deal with:
Losing a brother to sudden sickness. (There is no way I can imagine how she feels, nor do I want to.)
Recuperating a mother through quadruple bypass.
Caring for a father who has pancreatic cancer.
If you think about it, life's not so bad after all that. It makes all the once-so-significant items in your life become pretty insignificant quite quickly. Family and Friends - it's not a discount, it's meant to be cherished and loved.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment