My friends and I had a discussion that 2006 was a year that was different. A lot of things happened that may not be storybook, but there were many great moments and good times nonetheless. We all had to grow for whatever reasons and I just realized that I really do not want to grow up. I want to do what baby Tristan does, eat and sleep, and in whatever order that was necessary.
The last two weeks seemed to follow that path. Best friends returned from distant cities and we do what we love to do best besides enjoy each other's company: eat...and apparently drink. Aside from my brief stint being as sickly as possible, I caught up real fast to my friends on all good times. Every time AC comes home, I don't think I get into the house earlier than 3am and loving every minute I've been out. Sometimes there's even pictures, more evidence to ward off alzheimers. However, at 3am the other night, my bubble burst. I am hoping that all the bad that was part of 2006 left me as I left my mark on Granville Street and not inside Jezziebean's car. (I'm sure she was happy of that.) I'm also happy to know that I was not the only one who left their mark on Granville Street 30 blocks away that night. Friends share in the moment. No evidence required. Here's to a great year ahead.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment