Monday, July 17, 2006

Stepford Wives

Still moping about the loss of GBF in my near vicinity, I think I found a new passion to replace him...okay, maybe replace is too strong a word, but this is something that has temporarily taken away the gloom and doom of missing a dear friend. Yup...GOLF...go figure...I talked about it before, but never thought I would actually fall in love with it. I mean, it is still early in the game, and Stinky and I already met some challenges along the way.

Stinky: The Executive Course ain't Pitch 'n Putt eh?

The addiction comes when you actually feel like you can tee off like Tiger...sweet. Okay Stinky, why did you talk me into trying this sport?? It is so bloody expensive when we hit Golf Town to check out the equipment and realize what I would need to acquire.

Me: Damn, even cute golf clothes are expensive?!

A friend of a friend who met up with us explained things really well on which type of golf set would be suitable for me..."Because you are starting out, if you don't like how it looks, you will not use it."

Lychee heard about my new love of this game and said that it's great and I can work towards becoming a Stepford Wife...hmmm...didn't realize they played golf? Why would I want to be a cookie-cutter suburbia housewife?

Either way, I found my sport and Lemon renamed GBF to stand for Golf's Best Friend.

P.S. Don't worry, you're still GBF!

No comments: