Monday, July 03, 2006

Man Enough for Blue Tights, Red Cape

After listening to Kit Kat tell his many reasons on why he's Superman's #1 fan and his excitement and anticipation for the recently released movie...I had to go watch it. Mind you, I was going to watch it eventually as I love superheroes especially old-school style a la Incredibles, just a bit reluctant as Brandon Routh had big shoes to fill. (What's with all the replacement issues lately?? :) ) Christopher Reeve was the superhero in blue tights I remember and his demeanor (and looks!) was what I admired. How do you erase your childhood images of Superman when I fell in love with "that" Superman at an impressionable age and accept a new one??

So I try to be open-minded and see what Brandon Routh is all about.

Looks. Check. Was it me or did he get better after every frame?? :)


MannerISMS. Check. Apparently, he's got it down, even the quirky goofball ones. (Secretly enjoying every moment!).

Saves the World? Hmm...I won't divulge as to not spoil it for anyone...but I can say the determination in his eyes makes him pretty sexy.

Bonus feature: My favorite song (one of them)...made it into the film at a goofy, touching moment: Quando quando quando.

Don't think I like the new movie because of "one" man...Kevin Spacey is pretty good as Lex Luthor...not many guys can pull off bald and evil and he can do both! OOh! Parker Posey was great although she reminded me of another character she played in a different movie...Kate Bosworth as Lois..hmm...could have been a better choice but since have no suggestions...was ok...not enough chemistry between her and Superman...not brangelina-worthy.

Did Brandon Routh fill the shoes? Yeah...cuz no one "flies like the way he does."

No comments: