Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Not an urban legend

Sometimes, I really wonder why things happen to me and since I've stopped asking the question "Why Me?!", I learned to laugh at all the somewhat awkward situations. On the first day of Chinese New Year this year, I booked my annual check-up without knowing what day it was. If you are superstitious and feel that the first day of the year is an indication of how the coming year will unfold...well...what can I say but be prepared for the unexpected!

So while I changed into the nice blue gown...I heard a male voice in the hallway, thinking, i didn't see a guy in the waiting area...maybe he's visiting my female doctor b4 I got there 45 mins before. Anyways, so i'm changed and sitting on the "table"....the door opens...and a guy walks in.."Hi, I'm Dr. Man*, the residence for Dr. Woman*...she'll be in later"...shit, I'm doing an ANNUAL!. (*names changed for obvious reasons)

so...here's how the 5 mins lasted (yup..it was the fastest physical of all time...lol)

Dr: so is there anything you want me to check on?
me: (shit, not anymore)...well, there are a few moles i'm concerned about
Dr: oh, where are they?
me: (damn...the ones i'm worried about are near my boob..)..well, there's one here behind my ear..and on my back
Dr: is there any more..how about your foot and...your leg..?
me: no, no, not that I know.......well, there's one here (I pointed underneath my boob..haha)..
Dr: ok, well, i'll give you a sheet...
me: ok, how or what am I supposed to cover???
Dr: um...ah...
me: my lower half..or my boobs..but..i'm already wearing the gown so....?
(trust me, we were both struggling at this point not to be embarrassed! I put it on my lower half and used my hand to cover myself...ha)
Dr: ok...that's fine, no worries...ok, let's take your blood pressure...
me: ok......
Dr: you're fine there....ums...let's move onto the breast exam...did you want to wait for Dr. Woman?
me: (hesitating...)..um..no..it's ok..
Dr: ok, undo your tie and lie down...
(so you figure out this part)..
Dr: ok, you can put the gown back up and sit up...do you need any refills on anything...prescription etc?
me: no, just checkup
Dr: are you using contraceptives

me: no
Dr; er...are you in a relationship?
me: nope.
and then i think we were both uncomfortable after that...hahaha..we both just smiled a lot and just said, ok, i'm fine, i can go now right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok that was pretty amusing i must say! Pretty sure I would have died if I were you.