Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Through the Looking Glass

I have said this before that blogging is the new version of writing in a diary. The plus is that it's so much faster to type than to write and so I can ramble a lot more than before and also edit before the post becomes published. And I don't ever have to buy a new diary because this one seems to have endless pages.

While I was browsing for updates on a friend's life via their blog, (it's unfortunate that time is limited but it's the easiest way to know that they are 1) alive and 2) cognitive enough to write something.) I noticed one interesting guest comment...a few more clicks later and I end up on someone else's blog. A stranger...I almost felt like I am violating their privacy but written like a good book, I was unable to stop reading this girl's life and how open she was about her feelings. Especially when those feelings seem to be about my friend. A friend who every girl seems to have a crush on but that's a different post. She writes from so deep down a place that you almost want to go and put an arm around her to hug her, but she seems to be in good enough a place where she still has a grip on reality. Thank goodness! But I know how emotions can "cloud" judgement...something uncontrollable...you never know why you feel the things you do. Perhaps cloud is not the correct term, but it sure makes the clear unclear.

It makes me wonder about my own feelings (be it where I am in life or how it relates to being in a relationship)...on why I feel the way I do - I still am not sure "what" drew me to Pretty Fly (really, it might not be what was written but the way it was...does it matter now? ;)), but I am glad that it did and I am hoping that I will learn to express who I am as freely as this unknowing girl whose life I just happened to land on so randomly.

No comments: