I'm so glad that Lychee works across the street from me now. It's so easy to have a friend who I can just ring and go..."let's go eat" and off we go. A huge plus is that I want to spend time with her and we can take a breather from our daily routine...plus have at least a few laughs during our gabfest. We've known each other for so long that we're both so used to each other's quirks and well...weaknesses, if weakness even describes it. Sometimes we warn each other by going.."I'm cranky today so...just leave me be and listen to me." Most times we're both feeling the same thing...which is great, because it'll provide at least one laugh out of it.
Today I felt bummy so I called her to go find comfort food with me at lunch. Once we met up, she told me that she was bummy too - so much for comfort from another! Both denied being the main attentions eeker, we ended up consoling each other through whatever trials and tribulations we have in our lives (it feels like drama but it's really not).
Today's topic was expectations. Hmmm...yes, it could be very subjective...because if you don't voice it, another will never know what you expect of them. You might wish it and think that they understand you, but we are all human, and well, there are mistakes. When she told me about her "gift exchange" with her boyfriend for their anniversary, it literally brought tears to her eyes and she became emotional. It makes you wonder why it's a necessity in being in a relationship. They both had expectations of each other; and they both were different. It's unfortunate it brought a damper to their evening plans...and even though I asked her with "did you/he tell him/you what you/he want?", it didn't matter. It bothered her enough not to hide her emotions from him. Questions arise more these days, and I think everyone has to realize that you can't change someone and if that's not what you are looking for, what are you going to do? There's nothing "wrong" with her boyfriend per se, but in the end, it'll come down to if she can live with what is different from her past relationship. Not the funnest of situations to be in, though this could all be due to moodiness. Maybe the solution is just another day of comfort food therapy session.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment