Monday, March 26, 2007

MBF vs GBF

Me: I think MBF's trying to replace you.

And honestly, at the rate of which things are going...after which an unexpected bump in the road, our friendship has hit a snafu. Even if others do not understand, I'm okay with it and do not need feel the need to justify...justify what? In my beliefs or my understanding for the last so-many-years-I-can't-even count of our friendship? The person who for no apparent reason will whittle away down his phone list just to have a dinner partner; who will listen to me vent out just about anything and wouldn't judge me because I'm just venting. Dude, I'm just having a bad day. Period. Case closed. In a few minutes, I'll laugh. Puh-leeeze, there's not many things left sacred in this world and I thought that may have been one of them. But I can't control the world; it sure showed me who still reigns. Lose trust and what else have one got. But what I can still count on is my ideals on friendships and what I hold most dear. This 'thing' hasn't changed me. It just bit a little. (Okay, a lot, but who's counting.) That's one thing I can control. I'll still open up to others, just may be a teeny bit more cautious, but if I sense you are there for the end...then that's what matters. For now, I'll believe in you until you make me think otherwise.

GBF: He can't replace me.

Even after hauling blocks of concrete and doing whatever it was he did to help renovate his friend's home, he still has time to ooze gayness. That, I must give him credit for, is being comfortable in his own skin.

No comments: