Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Walk in My Shoes

If you know me, you know I like to wear heels (actually all kinds of shoes...I love shoes...., just short of Imelda Marcos' impulses because I lack her deep pockets..hehe)...and if I find a nice pair of stilettos, it's a bonus when they are comfy! And luckily for me, I actually own a pair of these! I know I am able to walk in them, dance in them and still feel pretty good after a night out just kickin' it. However, I've learned that there are limits, even with great things.
* * *
It has definitely been awhile since I had the chance to blog, let alone, sleep, eat and do things in my so-called 'past' life since i started a new job. Job, that in itself will be the next blog entry...but let me finish this one...have to think back to this particular night..it is definitely worth noting...and now...giggling about. Looking back and laughing at the things I do, is one of the more amusing things in the day...thankfully!
* * *
So the last-minute change of drinking partners for the night may have been a foreshadowing for the night's festivities. Sometimes you just have to go with it and let it rip. Regardless of not really knowing the crowd at the club, I had my dancing shoes on and was ready to have some fun. Sat down with Militant A to have a bevy...which led to two and then it led to not even remembering how many. The uncertain number was a result of enjoying the conversation and company and then after the music decided to repeat itself, we decided to hit the dance floor.
* * *
Ok, memory is slowly starting to allude me...schedule has been crazy and I've finally got some downtime..ie. sleep..and developed a taste for certain grape varietals...hehe..who am I kidding...work is going to drive me to join AA...fortunately, alcohol consumption is at a moderate pace. So..back to oh..two months ago..
* * *
Oh yes, dancing, that was fun, like the adage of dance like no one's watching goes...we found ourselves surrounded by a couple of young puppies who "just wanted to dance with somebody"..but dude..you're in my space and I just really wanted to dance with my friend! With my stilettos on, the kids haven't grown to their potential. Gotta give them props for bravery tho...the older fellas should take note. After a couple more twirls on the dance floor, we decided (Mili told the cab, "home please) that it would be best if I crashed at her place since it's closer to work in the morning for me (yeah, in a few hours)...good call.
* * *
Some laughter erupted from going through the night's events over instant noodles...disturbed the sleeping roomie who laughed at our semi-drunken state and passed out watching an episode of SATC. Big, Carrie, Aidan, Shoes. Sweet Dreamin'...
* * *
Woke up and got ready for work...why did I decide to work on Saturdays...no change of clothes (oh my, party clothes at work?)...and hmm..stilettos on hardwood floors...need to walk to Starbucks. Need coffee. In what would normally be a 15-minute walk to work, it took FOREVER. In stilettos, in last night's clothes...it felt like a walk of shame...(haha...if you're laughing, you've been there and I can elaborate on the next entry cuz it's a good one!) Walking slowly and in a straight line, hoping that my feet will last me the next 8 hours...the only day I decide not to leave my car downtown but at home....the day that my oh-so-reliable brother decides to head down to the States, the day I may have to take public transit (princess does not take the bus)...the day..oh, my cousin decides to drop in the store to pay a visit and offer me a ride home. My shoes AND my feet were saved.

No comments: