Sunday, December 24, 2006

Where's McDreamy?

The Emergency room was the last place I expected to be yesterday when I woke up but that's where I was with my mom as the doctors took some x-rays and some other tests on her foot. After two hours in the waiting room, and another four in the treatment room, I was wondering if this was the version viewers actually miss on tv with all the medical dramas out there, Grey's Anatomy and House.

As the two doctors were discussing the best option for my mother, I felt like I was sitting behind the box waiting for them to deliver the next punch line or answer the $64,000 question as to what was the problem. I needed someone to pinch me or send out the hounds to the person who services the Pepsi machines..."Nurse, the machine ate my money, could you please put a sign on it saying it's out of service?" "They didn't teach us at nursing school how to fix the machine and we're not responsible for it." So where in my question did I ask you to fix the machine?

I waited patiently on the old waiting room chairs for McDreamy to pop by to see my mom...didn't happen, but she did get help from some great doctors who prescribed the "super aspirins" to take away the pain.

No comments: