Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An Analysis of a Different Kind...

Working with Finance people all day, I hear them weighing out different scenarios relating to cost and benefit. Then I hear them take their same way of thinking and apply it to every day life.

Eating - Is the taste of shrimp so enjoyable that I would spend the time to peel it?

Then you get non-finance peeps apply the same philosophy to their lives...

Dating - Is the sex that good that I'm willing to sacrifice for boring personality?

Shopping - Am I really saving money if I actually spend $20 to get a $30 coupon if I really didn't need to buy anything at all from that store?

So what is worth it?

1 comment:

lemnada said...

RE eating: Personally, shrimp is not all THAT satisfying, so I say no.

RE dating: Well... How good are we talking about here? I think I need more details. And possibly a couple of videos and / or diagrams. Regardless, boring is NEVER acceptable.

RE shopping: No, you aren't saving a whole heck of a lot - but if you love it... Then, it's worth it regardless!

Actually - getting back to scenarios one & two, i think it COULD work if you get the super-hot-sex-but-boring-guy to peel me my shrimp. Yah... That could be it... Let's get working on that latest brilliant idea...