Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's Getting Hot in There!

Believe it or not, I am still training for my half-marathon (...did I have a choice? Militant A is pretty persistant. I do not believe in half-finishing something and since I've signed up, might as well go big or die trying--oh, the possibilities of going this route but that's another entry.) and I've decided to add yoga to stretch out my super weak muscles...hehe. Militant A insists I use 8lbs for free weights but my little muscles were shaking like crazy!!

I've done
Bikrams Yoga almost four years ago and one thing I did not miss was the smell...but after awhile, you do get used to it because what you need to worry about is how to breathe in such a hot room. The instructors keep telling you to concentrate and "stay in the room" but sometimes I do just want to imagine I'm lying on a beach in Hawaii.

Today during class, it felt super hot and I knew I was not able to hold all the poses. It's like the instructor knew because he started to "pick" on me. I know he was just trying to correct my form, but I sure was focussing right after. The one pose that I wasn't sure I needed correction on was this one. It is called the "wind removing pose". The instructor basically straddled me and sat on my knees. Yeah...a little too close for comfort and my mind needed to "wander out of the room."

No comments: