Big, we want the mister variety at most times, but at least we know we want one. Mr. Big, the guy we watched Carrie obsess over, love, want to hate, miss, and in the end, get. The guy we wonder if he was deserving of her affections or vice versa. The guy who poses a big question mark.

The 'Big(s)' in our lives can affect each of us in differently. These are the unexplainables and ultimately gives us a lot of questions (and frustrations because we are clueless--I can admit I am)..well, b/c they are unexplainable ;) There's never really only one Big that crosses your path. But they are the one(s) that can make your heart skip a beat or stop, and then you have to remind yourself to breathe. Usually I find myself to be somewhat sociable/talkative, but a Big sighting can render me speechless. It has happened a couple times when "he" walked up to me and nothing comes out of my mouth. It's like an out-of-body experience, not that I had any, but it's like my brain leaves my body...and I just clam up. I probably gave the wrong impression but there was nothing I could control. If only he knew what I was really thinking. If only I could be Samantha for one tiny second.
Okay, I miss Sex and the City...I miss the question "Carrie" poses about what "we" think in all kinds of situations. I also miss the answers that arrive after each episode. Yeah, if everything was that easy (and all I have to do is watch TV for all of life's answers--no time!)....but then, there'd be no fun and no new mysteries to unravel with Mr. Big.

No comments:
Post a Comment